Endowment Sunday is a chance to educate your parishioners about the importance of securing the financial well-being of the parish both now and forever. It may include a second collection or your parish may focus solely on educating your church community about the endowment fund.
When is Endowment Sunday?
Archbishop Hartmayer has approved the third Sunday in May as Endowment Sunday.
How does my parish participate?
For the archdiocesan wide Endowment Sunday weekend in May, we will put out a registration form closer to the day so your parish can indicate your participation.
Your parish can run an Endowment weekend any weekend that you choose. We have many resources for you, including toolkits, sample Prayers of the Faithful, and more.
Endowment Sunday Toolkits
The tool kit includes:
- sample communications timeline
- short articles to include in your enewsletters or bulletins
- script for a brief talk at Mass
- and more
The entire toolkit is also available in Spanish.
Domingo del Fondo Patrimonial Herramientas Para Parroquias (Endowment Sunday Toolkit for Parishes – Spanish)
Script for speaking at Mass (Word doc for easy customization)
Suggested wording for parish direct link to endowment giving
What is an Endowment Fund? video on Vimeo
Parish To Dos
4 Weeks Before
– Run article (Basics of an Endowment Fund) in bulletin or enews- Ensure your parish direct endowment link is on your website
– Add planned giving graphics to parish website
– Arrange for speakers at the Masses on 5/20 and 5/21 (script provided)
3 Weeks Before
– Run second article (An Endowment Fund Helps Our Parish In Future Generations) in bulletin or enews
2 Weeks Before
– Run third article (An Endowment Fund Helps Our Parish Now) in bulletin or enews
1 Week Before
– Run fourth article (Next week is Endowment Sunday!) in bulletin or enews
– Post social media announcement
– Optional: send announcement in parish app
– Optional: reminder announcement at daily Masses
– Have speakers at each Mass (use script)- Include article (Support Our Parish Endowment Fund!) in bulletin or enews
– Optional: second collection
– If you had a collection, announce total received in gifts at Masses the next weekend
– Continue to promote endowment fund with reminders in bulletin and enews during the year
Please contact Juliet Greco by email or call 404.497.9440.